Choosing Your Postpartum Home Care / Postpartum Doula
To accommodate a range of needs, experience levels, and budgets, we provide a few options when it comes to choosing your guide:
Postpartum Doulas and Newborn Care Specialists* all provide support to families with newborns. There are subtle differences between the two, but with us, you get the best of both worlds! We’re happy to care for your baby AND you, and help with whatever you need. We’ll help you figure out how you want to parent, without pushing you into any particular philosophy. We’ll support whatever choices you want to make, completely without judgment, offering suggestions and advice to make things as smooth and easy as possible. We use the terms “doula” and “Newborn Care Specialist” interchangeably, but there’s nothing to decide between – we’re the perfect hybrids, trained and experienced as both.
*NCS's are sometimes called "night nurses", but we don't use that term because we're not licensed medical professionals.
Read more below, or contact us to discuss and customize a plan...
We offer postpartum support for....
Doulas and Newborn Care Specialists to support your growing NYC family
Bringing home a newborn makes for a magical day. The long awaited day has finally arrived, and yet there’s likely so much on your mind. Lots of questions. A growing list of to-dos. Keeping your house and home in order. Fostering relationships with your partner, other children, friends and family members. And somewhere in that mix is caring for you … right? That’s what our postpartum care services are here for — to care for you and your newborn. And it comes with lots of benefits:
- Infant care, including feeding, sleeping, and changing schedules
- Caring for multiples
- Nursing and lactation support
- Sleep coaching
- Self care and emotional support
- Light housekeeping, including meal preparation, light cleaning, laundry, and running errands
- Post-operative C-section Care
- Customized care to meet your family’s specific needs and preferences
What People Are Saying...
Why Choose Happy Family After for Postpartum Care Services
Well, first, having a postpartum doula is like taking a unicorn ride from one cloud of joy to another! How can you say ‘no’ to that?! Seriously though, NYC families choose Happy Family After for lots of reasons.
- Our doulas are schooled on postpartum needs to see that you get proper nutrition, hydration, emotional, physical and even some household support.
- We understand there are lots of approaches to parenting. We honor your wishes by collaborating with you, providing evidence-based guidance, and supporting your values.
- Many of our caregivers are Certified Lactation Counselors and Sleep Trainers and can offer extra feeding support and sleep shaping advice.
- With a team of doulas who communicate with each other to provide consistency of care, you have flexibility to meet your ever-changing needs.